10:00 am, August 1, 2010
Hotel Panamericano Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Phil Anderson, UK, Member, AAA Steering Committee
- Michael Burton, Australia, Convenor, AAA WG C; and Member, AAA Steering Committee
- Maurizio Candidi, Italy, Chief Officer, PS SSG
- Xuefei Gong, China, Co-convenor, AAA WG D
- John Kovac, USA, Convenor, AAA WG D
- Craig Kulesa, USA
- Nigel Sharp, USA
- John Storey, Australia, Chief Officer, AAA
- Ewe Hong Tat, Malaysia
- Tony Travouillon, USA, Co-convenor, AAA WG A
- Johan Veerman, Peru, Peruvian Delegate to SCAR
- Al Weatherwax, USA, Chief Officer, ICESTAR SRP
The meeting opened at 10 am.
Presented by J. Storey
Working Group reports
- Working Group A Draft Plan, presented by T. Travouillon
- Working Group B, no report
- Working Group C Draft Plan, presented by M. Burton
- Working Group D Oral report, presented by J. Kovac
Agreed to leave budget at present level.
- Complete implementation plans
- Place draft implementation plan on AAA web site
- Solicit comment on plan from general community
- Obtain endorsement of plan from Steering Committee
- Organise meeting of AAA for 2011.
Date of next meeting
The dates of relevant future meetings were noted:
- Antarctic astronomy, Xi'an (China), August 2010
- Site testing, Kislovodsk (Russia), October 2010
- IAU 28th General Assembly, Beijing (China), August, 2012
- XXXII SCAR and Open Science Conference, Portland (USA), July 2012.
It was agreed to hold the next meeting of AAA in mid 2011, possibly in Australia or USA. The meeting could be timed to tag onto a US AAS or Australian ASA meeting, to help increase participation. Australia was the preferred location because of the upcoming SCAR OSC in 2012.
The meeting closed at noon.